Think it is expensive to keep a safe worksite? It costs a lot more to work unsafe! Studies show that promoting a safe workplace not only saves lives, it saves money and reduces health care and insurance costs.
It is a challenge to keep people safe and healthy on and off the job, and no one can do it alone. That is why the New Jersey Laborers Union and its signatory employers founded the NJ Laborers Health and Safety Fund. Working together with contractors, NJLHSF staff professionals offer an array of services designed to enhance signatory emplyer competetiveness and protect the health and safety of workers and their families, both at work and at home.
- Perform job site analysis to identify hazards
- Assist in developing effective solutions
- Provide model safety programs
- Assist with OSHA compliance
- Provide instructional materials
- Research safety and health issues
- Provide health services and information to members and their families
- Design drug-free workplace programs
- Monitor regulatory and legislative issues relating to safety and health